We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Family Support Worker, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for 3 - 4 months.
Your role will be to support birth families and adopters, to participate in direct and indirect contact through a Letterbox exchange. To promote the child’s identity, across the Regional Adoption Agency reach area.
To support adoptive families in implementing, and reviewing the adoption support plan.
Supporting Birth families in understanding their role in promoting their child’s identity, when they have been adopted.
Deliver family support to adoptive families living within our region, to ensure the child’s needs are at the centre of our work.
This will also involve 1 – 1 work with the child and parenting support
You will be working as part of the Adoption Counts Team, which is a Regional Adoption Agency covering Greater Manchester.
Facilitate the transfer of information in a sensitive and secure manner.
Offer advice and support to participants of the service to ensure exchanges are sensitive, appropriate and child focused.
To deliver a package of support to adoptive families, as outlined in the adoption support plan. Or Adoption support assessment of need in partnership with other professionals.
Develop trusting relationships with adopted children, to support their needs in relation to identity, belonging and security.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Minimum Level 3 Qualification in Childcare or related area
- Previous Family Support Worker Experience in Adoption would be desirable
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system