|Location: BRISTOL, AVON||Salary: 250.00 - 350.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3107560|
To provide a professional support service to the University for the provision of maintenance, new works, alterations, improvements projects, day to day repair and maintenance to the existing building stock and associated engineering services. To provide the provision of technical advice and recommendations to the various academic departments and support services within the University.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To manage the existing estates through agreed methods of delivery for both reactive and planned maintenance regimes utilising a ‘contracted-out’ principle of procurement and delivery.
2. To ensure compliance to University specification and design guides and other technical standards. To ensure statutory compliance for all mechanical systems.
3. To carry out the duties of a named deputy responsible person within the terms of the Estates legionella policy.
4. To successfully manage term and/or other contractors in the delivery of the service including workflow monitoring and quality audit.
5. To act as Estates coordinator and first point of contact.
6. Although substantively a mechanical post the successful candidate will be expected to be conversant with other disciplines (e.g. electrical & fabric, etc.) and capable of managing maintenance & minor project works within these domains if required.
7. To liaise with client departments on initial requirements for new works, alterations, maintenance and refurbishment work.
8. To assist in preparing budget estimates, sketch schemes and work-up projects to pre-tender stage.
9. To assist in preparing working drawings, specifications and bills of quantity for mechanical plant and equipment and process projects through to formal tendering stage including feedback to client departments on cost implications.
10. To process small works projects from tender stage through to final account, including main contact/subcontract supervision, preparation of interim and final certificates, retention certification including the preparation of dilapidation schedules and snagging lists as appropriate.
11. To inspect properties and prepare schedules of condition of mechanical plant and equipment as necessary and to participate in the preparation of annual programmes of work for mechanical plant and equipment.
12. To ensure that works comply with statutory regulations e.g. CDM and asbestos regulations.
13. To operate the building energy management system as required.
14. To keep abreast of changes in the construction, electrical and mechanical industries and undertake CPD as directed.
15. To comply with the University’s equal opportunities policy, and use this role to promote equal opportunity wherever possible.
16. To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the University’s health and safety policy.
17. Any other reasonable duties that fall within the scope of the post, as allocated by the line manager, following consultation with the postholder.
25000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
33400.00 - 41600.00 GBP Per Annum
NORTH LONDON, LONDONRead more
30000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORTH LONDON, LONDONRead more
8.91 - 8.91 GBP Per Hour
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
10.50 - 14.00 GBP Per Hour
CANARY WHARF, LONDONRead more