My client has been developing its international business for 10 years – primarily for its infection control products – based on its leading role within the NHS. Currently selling in 76 countries – with the main strength in the MENA region – with strong distribution in the three main markets – Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and UAE. They have ambitious plans for developing the International business which is already a major part of the company. Our export has seen 180% growth over the last year (15% revenue).
The role of the Export Manager can be divided into two main elements.
The first is to take over and develop our existing distributor network in the Middle East. This will involve travel in the region, including importantly Saudi Arabia, ensuring that they are supported with training, marketing support, and challenged with stretching targets and market growth.
The second is to identify and develop other markets, where the strategic conditions exist.
The successful candidate will have had experience of dealing with distributors, have experience with operating in the Middle East, Africa and be willing to travel. Knowledge of the healthcare market and of our type of products would be an advantage but not a requirement.
The duties of the role include the following;
• Support and develop existing export customers
• Plan new market entry, and identify new opportunities
• Set up new export partners and contracts
• Plan and implement export strategies
• Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, sales trends and results
• Building relationships with all key customers and internal stakeholders
• Carrying out performance analysis and margin reviews
• Liaise with the marketing team to find out the best way to reach the end users all over the world
The ideal candidate will have the following;
• Relevant Export experience will be beneficial.
• International business exposure highly desirable.
• Ability to travel overseas.
• Developing new markets.
• Working with distribution partners, preferably overseas.
• Presentation and demonstration skills.
• Knowledge about export documentations.
• Experience in dealing with middle east customers is highly desirable.