We are currently looking for an Exports Clerk who is available immediately and is interested in working night shifts. You would need to have some experience, the more experience you have depends on the salary.
Our client is looking for someone who is either immediate or can start within two weeks as this is an URGENT permanent position.
They require someone with the below skills:
• Assist the Customs manager in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Air and customs compliance vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
• Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully move Customs products.
• Complete all Customs Import, Export and Cross Trade activities correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transaction
• Correctly complete all customs import/export declaration forms
• Ensure all operational activities are completed on time.
• Immediately report any amendments to the customs declaration forms to line manager
• Complete ad-hoc and spot checks on customer entries and submit reports to line manager weekly.
• Always maintain and utilise the operational system.
• Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs.
• Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments.
• Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department.
• Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager.
• Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
• Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format
• Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow in conjunction with line manager
• Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager
• Before release, ensure all goods under Alpi’s Deferment account are approved for delivery via accounts and/or line manager
• Accurately complete all invoicing within 48 hours of activity
• Ensure insurances are charged correctly and any insurance claims are handed to line manager without delay
If you have experience and are interested in this role then please apply.