We have some fantastic temporary opportunities for Experienced Level 3 Children’s Social Workers, to work in the following Councils in Greater Manchester – Manchester City, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Blackburn and Darwen, Blackpool, Salford, Trafford, Wigan, Warrington, Stockport, and Bolton
You will need to be responsible for each child’s caseload that is assigned to you. Ensuring that they are receiving the most appropriate level of care, and exceeding all expectations of their carer’s and families. By providing each child, with tailor made assessments for their individual needs to allow them to be as safe as possible.
- All Qualified Social Workers, will work in accordance with professional standards, as set by the HCPC /Social Work England. To provide case responsible roles, and statutory Services to Children and young people in need.
- Make ongoing assessments of allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances, including assessment of risk, enabling independent functioning, and need to ensure that service users are protected from significant harm.
- Responsible for a caseload of varying complexity, commensurate with experience, ability and qualification, receiving and responding to referrals from various sources.
- Risk Assessment to ensure children and young people are protected, to respond to needs identified by specifying and delivering evidence based interventions as required.
- Statutory and best practice reviews, and comply with appropriate legislation, policy and procedures.
- Identify risk and safeguarding concerns, and escalate immediately where appropriate. Prepare and present reports as necessary to facilitate proper decisions being made in respect of service users, and to provide quality assurance.
- Provide information, written assessments, reports and statements to support other service professionals, managers and the courts in making decisions related to care.
- Maintain File records relating to service users to a high standard, in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and procedures.
- You will be required to participate in meetings, and decision making forums within your team of Social Workers.
- Strong experience of complex assessments, ensuring all information is put correctly on all in house systems to track each caseload.
- Experience of working with Children in Need, Looked after Children, Children with Disabilities, Safeguarding, Child Protection, CSE, Duty and Assessment, Fostering and Adoption and attending Court Hearings.
- The ability to provide detailed assessments, for each and every child assessment that has been completed.
- To work with Multi-disciplinary, and multi organisational teams across networks and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of all current Social Work legislations, relating to Children and Safeguarding including section 47.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (Essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (Essential)
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years, working as a Qualified Social Worker (Essential)
- Valid HCPC / Social Work England Registration
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to service users, families, carers and other senior professionals
- Strong IT Skills (Essential)
- Flexible Working
- Training and Development
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system