Assistant to Head of Head of HR and EA to CEO
Welwyn Garden City, Reporting to the Head of HR. Salary to £34k (D.O.E)
A new and exciting position has emerged within this growing organisation. This is an essential combination essential role which will not only support the Head of HR all with all day to day tasks but also provide a competent and efficient EA support to the CEO as well as the wider group and Trustees when required. You will play an integral role in the day to day operations and will be very visible within the organisation internally and externally, requiring high professionalism at all times.
Day to Day Tasks & Duties:
- Providing Administrative support to the Head of HR
- Providing EA support to the CEO
- Diary management and travel for the CEO
- Appointment scheduling for CEO by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Taking minutes for key internal meetings, disciplinary or capability hearings and Actions for formal committee meetings
- Producing Agenda’s, Creating reports and circulation of minutes
- Co-ordinate the preparation of meeting papers for the Trustees.
- Overseeing and managing all correspondence for Head of HR and CEO
- Proactively drafting replies to incoming communications.
- Responsible for handling all incoming correspondence and drafting responses where required
- Filtering internal and external requests for meetings and redirecting where appropriate.
- Filtering calls and approaches to the Head of HR, CEO and Chairman
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the monthly Senior Management Team
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Supporting with preparation for payroll
- Responsible for maintaining HR data on People HR database
- Welcomes guests and customers on the phone or in person to the head office
- Proactively deal with any questions and requests for information and ensure correct dissemination.
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation
The Person - Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience as HR Assistant and/or Executive Assistant
- Highly professional, articulate, and competent
- Skilled at complex diary management
- Highly Organised with strong Time Management
- Discreet and trustworthy with sensitive information
- Proactive to spot diary issues, duplications, and general opportunities
- Minute taking and report writing
- Excellent inter-personal skills, face-to-face, on telephone and in written communication
- Letter writing/document drafting - producing well-written unique communication
- Presentation Skills
- Travel Arrangements and understanding Logistics
- Organising meetings, including coordinating attendees, and ensuring all necessary documentation is ready in advance
- Competent IT with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Confident, professional and mature manner to represent the Chief Executive both internally and externally.
- Highly flexible approach to working
- Excellent personal organisational skills with the ability to work quickly to manage multiple tasks, and an ability to organise others
- Experienced with handling a huge array of personalities and styles
For more information and to register your interest in this vacancy please apply and one of the team will be in touch with you if you are selected for screening or shortlist. We wish you success with your application.