A local authority based in Solihull are looking for an experienced candidate to join as an Equality and Diversity Officer who has supported with Equality and diversity matters on an operational level. This position will report directly to the Head of Equality and Diversity, the person appointed will be expected to work as a Business partner with a multitude of services to support with all matters to do with equality and diversity. This position is an ongoing temporary position with an initial contract of 3 months
To work with the Head of Equality and Diversity and relevant Director(s) in the effective delivery of embedding equality, diversity and inclusion across the Council and within directorates. This will include work on building stronger and cohesive communities, partnership working, consultation and engagement with the community or groups representing the borough.
To work proactively with leaders and staff at a Directorate level to drive equality, diversity and inclusion improvements and change across the Directorate to respond positively and promptly to the diverse needs of staff, the services they deliver and the communities they serve.
To provide high quality advice and assistance in the development, management and delivery of directorates E&D action plans, targets and initiatives.
- To provide informed and timely advice, guidance and information to the councils senior leaders and managers on equality and diversity trends, data and emerging issues and then translate this information into identifiable actions.
- Support services across the Council to meet the Council’s duties and responsibilities relating to the PSED and embedding these into day to day practices.
- Assist in all aspects of embedding Equality and Diversity into directorates that will include providing direct support to Directors, the Head of HR, nominated Directorate Equality and Diversity Leads and Equality Champions. This will include the delivery of specific workshops to educate and raise awareness on equality issues.
- Lead meetings, design and deliver presentations, and produce concise briefings and regular reports on E&D Issues as required at a corporate and/or directorate level.
- Assist in the effective delivery of performance management of equality and diversity
- Have in depth knowledge and Experian of Equality and Diversity via working within a similar role for a large organisation.
- Confident to work with Head of Services and key business functions like HR and L&D
- Be able to pull/read and covert data and MI on equality and diversity on matters such as Gender pay gap
- Have impeccable communication skills as the appointed person will be working closely with Team Manager up to Director level