Environmental Operative positions are now available with Riverside Housing Group in Carlisle. This is a temporary full-time role available from March for a period of 5 - 6 months.
What is the Role?
Your role will be to undertake a range of grounds maintenance work. This will include maintenance of landscaped areas owned by the group, including grass cutting, hedge trimming, litter picking, clearance and plant cultivation.
How will you do this?
- Provide a rapid flexible response to the removal of fly tipping, rubbish removal and graffiti removal.
- Use various hand tools and machinery to maintain landscaped areas on managed property.
- Report health, safety and environmental breaches and issues to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide insight, reporting any environmental issues, community safety or resident feedback to the Environmental Supervisor.
- Previous Environmental Services / grounds maintenance experience.
- Ability to undertake manual work, must be fit and healthy.
- Customer focussed, with excellent communication skills.
- Hold a valid and clean UK Driving Licence.
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- You will be required to attend and pass a 1-day training course (travel expenses paid)
- Employment to begin from 29th March 2021 for an initial 5 months.
- Weekly pay of £10.68 per hour
To ensure you are considered please apply below as soon as possible. A member of the team will then be in touch to discuss the next steps.