We have a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Operative working at a Leading Local Authority in Liverpool and Runcorn. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 5 - 6 months.
Your role will be to undertake a range of grounds maintenance work within your assigned region to landscaped areas, gardens and open spaces owned by the Group.
Undertake general maintenance to hard and soft landscaped areas owned by the Group, including grass cutting, hedge trimming, litter picking, clearing leaves and shrub bed cultivations.
Provide a rapid flexible response to the removal of fly tipping, rubbish removal and graffiti removal.
Always maintain safe working practices, when utilising appropriate hand tools and machinery.
Report health, safety and environmental breaches and issues to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor in line with the agreed escalation route.
Always deliver excellent levels of customer service.
Provide community insight, reporting any environmental issues, community safety or resident feedback to the Environmental Supervisor as appropriate and in line with the agreed escalation route.
Maintain effective relationships with colleagues on each of our contracts.
Undertake personal development and training to keep up to date with all relevant legislation.
Work collaboratively and flexibly across all teams within the organisation.
Ensure work activities are compliant with the organisation’s policies and procedures as well as external statutory and regulatory obligations.
Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
• Previous Environmental Services / grounds maintenance experience.
• Ability to undertake manual work, must be fit and healthy
• Customer focussed, with excellent communication skills.
• Valid and Clean UK Driving Licence
• Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements
- You will be required to attend and pass a 1-day training course in Widnes (travel expenses paid)
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system