We have a fantastic opportunity for Environmental Operative (Parks), working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 12 months.
Your role will be to undertake work in parks, glass houses, playing fields, public open spaces and landscaped areas. As part of a team to contribute to excellent service delivery. Maintaining grass and shrubs, display beds, basic horticultural operations, sweeping, collection and removal of litter, glass, furniture, graffiti, fly posting, dirt, leaves and weeds.
- General Maintenance of the areas mentioned above, grass cutting, hedge trimming, pruning, planting, seeding, clearing leaves and litter.
- Removal of fly tipped material, maintenance of outdoor recreation facilities.
- Constructional labouring work, painting, empty bins.
- Cleaning public buildings, such as changing rooms and toilets.
- Erecting and dismantling of sports and other equipment
- Using powered hand tools and light plant, including the operation of a mini tractor mounted equipment. Non LGV vehicles and road sweepers, can carry out daily defect checks and reporting procedures.
- To report any defects, environmental issues such as pot holes, damage to outdoor furniture, vandalism, graffiti, fly tipping or posting.
- Ground maintenance, snow clearing, setting out and marking sports areas and upkeep of artificial/synthetic pitches, clearing litter, animal faeces and dumped waste.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Environmental Operative experience, (within Parks desirable)
- Health and Safety knowledge, on how to use cutting tools safely i.e. lawnmower, strimmer, hedge trimmer etc.
- Gardening / Landscaping experience
- Must be physically fit, due to heavy lifting may be required
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the public and other members of staff
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system