A NEW and exciting opportunity is available to work as a Environmental Operative for a Local Authority in Warrington. This is a temporary contract until October 2020 with the possibility for further extension. Working hours Monday-Thursday 7.30am -3.30pm, Friday 7.30am-3pm
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out ground care maintenance by use of pedestrian mowers, strimmers and other ancillary equipment as directed.
- To undertake shrub bed maintenance including manual weeding as directed
- Cleanse Streets by removing litter and emptying of litterbins across the borough
- To complete the relevant vehicle check/plant to ensure the vehicle/plant is fit for use in accordance with legal requirements. Report any defects to the Vehicle Maintenance Workshop. Ensure vehicle /plant is cleaned as per instruction and that the cab is kept clean and tidy and free from litter and debris at all times.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety and Welfare of self (including the wearing of a uniform and appropriate PPE), colleagues and any other person who may be affected by your actions/omissions whilst at work in accordance with Health and Safety Policies of the Authority.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of a similar skill level as may reasonably required within Street Services
- Full UK driving License
- Experience of dealing with the Public
- Experience of meeting work deadlines
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Awareness of Environmental Issues
- Full PPE, Steel toe capped boots and waterproofs needed will be provided.
Apply now if you are interested!