Enterprise Architect sought by a large and respected business with offices in London. The role will be part if a newly formed architecture team and will focus on all enterprise architecture.
Purpose of the role:
Supports the Head of IT, develop and govern the overall strategy, blueprint and roadmaps, and their execution. Through a deep understanding of current enterprise technologies commonly used, covering Data and Analytics, IT Security, End User Computing, Networking, Tooling, Communications and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Automation, including Robotics, and Integration
- Supports the Head of Technology Office, setting the technology direction for IT Services in collaboration with the Products, Shared Services, and Infrastructure Services teams. Preparing the technology blueprints, roadmaps and strategy required to achieve IT and wider business outcomes. Providing thought leadership and direction to Product Owners in the Products, Shared Services and Infrastructure Technology functions. The role will lead in the development of product strategy and roadmaps for these areas in collaboration with the Heads of Functions, and ensuring these plans align to the overall IT technology blueprint and exploit shared capabilities from across ICT, to facilitate one optimised and synchronised IT environment.
- Leads design and solutioning work for business wide technology capabilities.
- Performs reviews and assurance of design and build activity to ensure alignment to the target architecture and designs throughout the development life cycle, for nominated products and services.
- Defines technology and security guide rails that IT and wider business stakeholders adopt when building and supporting IT products.
- Engages with a complex community of stakeholders
- Proven experience of setting a strategic technology direction through engagement and collaboration with business stakeholders, other ICT stakeholders and external suppliers, within medium and large organisations
- Substantial deep and extensive IT solutioning experience
- Experience of engaging with and influencing a wide range of stakeholders and senior manager
- Experience developing roadmaps and architecture strategy
- A team player who can balance need, risk and pragmatism when developing solutions
- Proficient skills and experience in techniques to enable the production of designs for complex systems, such as requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, architecture trade-off analysis, solution alternatives and technology assessment
- Ability to interpret complex business and technical issues and identify and recognise a viable solution or control. Ability to understand and link complex and diverse sets of information to inform the response and approach: for example, identifying vulnerabilities and their impact
- Capable of designing system and solution architectures through the application of patterns and principles, to meet user needs while managing risk