Job Role: Special Educational Needs English Teacher
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Start Date: January 2020
Salary: Main Scale + SEN allowance
Contract terms: One term Monday to Friday
Free on-site parking
I am currently working with a dynamic and thriving specialist provision providing outstanding learning opportunities for up to 139 students with a complex range of learning and additional needs (LAN): 11 – 19yrs.
• Teaching English to pupils with special needs encouraging and enabling learning
• Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve pupils’ learning
• Planning and evaluating teaching and adapting teaching materials to suit the particular requirements of individual pupils with special needs.
• Must have QTS in the UK with Special Educational Needs experience
• Outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Primary trained potentially an advantage.
• Must be available for full or part time work from January 2020
• Must have suitable school-based references
• Must be willing and able to apply for a fully enhanced DBS certificate
You will need to be:
• Committed to making a positive difference to the life chances of young people
• Seeking exciting new challenges and opportunities in your career
• Always positive in your outlook and solution focused
• Ambitious to develop new skills and confident you can make a significant contribution to the life of an amazing school
• Enthusiastic to be part of a well-established and highly supportive team
• Looking to make work fun for yourself and others
• The school is rated good by Ofsted
• It is in leafy Camberley within Surrey
• The students have a wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties, autism, Down syndrome, speech, language and communication needs and other conditions associated with learning difficulties.
• Up to 20 students are admitted every year in Year 7 in two classes of 10.
• This school is a dynamic and thriving specialist provision providing outstanding learning opportunities for up to 139 students with a complex range of learning and additional needs
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Zoe Skelton on 01483 529905 or Zoe.Skelton@reed.com