We are seeking an English teacher, to join our school!
The ability to teach the full curriculum is required.
We are a specialist independent school for children, young people and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Now is an exciting time to join this wonderful school in its development and growth. We believe that personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows students’ individual needs to be met and their capabilities fully realised. Our vision is powerful and ambitious.
We aim to:
• provide excellence in education outcomes for all children
• develop independence and self-advocacy
• help children develop socially, emotionally and personally
The central focus of the new curriculum is the natural world and STEM, combining outdoor learning with a rigorous academic programme.
As a qualified teacher you will be highly motivated to teach children with special needs to make progress and fulfil their potential. You will have:
• relevant experience of classroom teaching, preferably working with children who have special needs – ASD
• knowledge of curriculum, assessment and inspection requirements
• a wider interest in working with children, young people and their parents/carers both inside and outside the classroom
• the ability to contribute positively to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure progression
• a focus on pupil outcomes and pupil progression
• to contribute to learning outside the classroom
• understanding that safeguarding all children is a top priority: to ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
You should have:
• a relevant teaching qualification
• interest in a particular area of learning or the curriculum
• experience or an interest in working within an SEN setting
• a high degree of initiative and sound judgement when working with children and young people
• ability to communicate effectively with learners and their parents/carers
• ability to work with parents
• ability, patience and judgement to manage behaviour