Are you a Lecturer considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title – English Lecturer
Position – Part time, temporary
Location – West Yorkshire
Salary - £22.41 per hour including holiday pay
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the West Yorkshire.
Starting immediately the college are looking for an outstanding English Lecturer to join them on a temporary basis. There is a view for this to become full time after Christmas.
- Has an Ofsted rating of “Good”
- Is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments.
- Mission statement: "To be an exceptional and responsive college providing life changing education, skills and experiences for individuals, businesses and communities"
- The successful candidate will be required for a total of 3 days per week, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
- Delivering Functional Skills and GCSE English to adult learners
- Will involve planning and delivering quality teaching across identified modules
- Levels range from E1 to level 2
- Teaching students with SEMH and special educational needs
What you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of the Functional Skills (C&G) and GCSE English 8700 (AQA) qualifications
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in English
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- IT literate including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database i.e. Microsoft Word, Access and Excel and Google platforms
- DBS on the update service
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Did you know?
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on 0161 817 2682
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Are you degree qualified in engineering or a similar subject area?