This is an exciting interim opportunity for a Security Cleared Engineer to join Counter Terrorism Headquarters. This role will provide technical and field engineering assistance to the Architectural Demand Lead. The roll will undertake the following:
- Technical Site Survey
- Engage with local Project Managers to confirm project timescale.
- Review quotations/drawings from OpenView to ensure validity
- Manage day to day relationship with OpenView with regards to electronic security installations.
- Request relevant quotes pertaining to electronic security (e.g. cable runs, network equipment)
- Order all relevant infrastructure.
- Manage day to day relationship with Vodafone and BT.
- Liaise with Customer Support Centre to ensure (desktop) installation.
- Provide status updates to Compliance and Assurance, the customer & local Project Mangers
- Installation of network equipment and cabinet on site.
- Respond to any UKNACE remedial actions
- Respond to PSWG remedial actions.
The role holder will be required to travel to multiple sites around London and the UK with occasional nights and weekend working, as appropriate.
- Previous experience of working within a government organisation
- Sound physical electronic security background
- Presentation skills
- Quality assurance of proposed technical and design documentations
- Project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure & autonomously
Additional requirements required:
- Full UK driving license
- SC (EN) Vetting and be willing to undertake DV vetting
- Must be able to pass additional UK security vetting applicable to UK citizens
- Must have resided in the UK for the past 5 years
- Willing to travel inside M25