We are looking for a DOCUMENTATION ENGINEER in Milton Keynes
You must be proficient in creating;
- manufacturing documentation based on customer requirements, new products, part numbers for new products and/or modifications to existing products.
You must also have experience in Managing change in documentation through data management software to all business units as appropriate and Maintaining documentation and part number archive.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering degree
- Experience of maintaining a documentation and drawing library.
- Experience in the production of technical drawings
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a team
- Eye for detail
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Be capable of communicating effectively within a team environment and accept constructive feedback and take responsibility for their decisions
- Experience of using Solidworks including building assemblies, sheet metal and plastic design and of Solidworks rendering
- Experience of using CAD software
- Knowledge of New Product Introduction procedures & processes
- Experience of developing innovation in both design concepts and organisational procedures in order to improve working environment.
- Data Centre, Enterprise or Telco Market Experience
Working with a Design team in UK and China. Support all Product Managers in UK, China and US.
Producing technical drawings and models designed to meet requirements of customers, Product Managers, suppliers and manufacturers.
Working to deadlines
Maintaining the CAD and Solidworks library
Volume of work produced by Design team
Volume of work produced by product modifications (drawing updates and creation of new part numbers)
Incorrect/missing information supplied from sales staff & Product Managers
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
International standard defining product specification e.g. fire ratings
International standards defining quality & reliability
ISO drawing standards
Compliance with appropriate EH&S policies and legislation.
You'll be reporting to the engineering manager.
SALARY: £32,000 PA
Please kindly make sure that your experience/skills/qualifications match the Bullet points above before you send your CV's: Simon.Coker@reedglobal.com