|Location: WIGAN, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 12.00 - 13.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Insurance||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3066041|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Enforcement Officer within a well-known and highly respected Local Authority.
What’s my role?
The collection of Council Tax and Business Rates has a crucial role in enabling the Authority to deliver its core statutory functions. This new internal Enforcement service will sit within the New Business Team with Customer Services to deliver core functions in the maximisation of collecting Council Tax, National Non-Domestic Rates and other Council Debts.
There will be a Customer Service approach to the role in order to identify vulnerable customers and facilitate best practice methods for these customers to afford their debts.
How will I do this?
• Participate in a newly implemented internal enforcement service for collection all Council debt and debtors arrears.
• Visit tax/rate payers in their homes and businesses to determine the most effective means of securing and maximising payment of debts. Obtaining access, income details and payment in full or via alternative arrangements.
• Actively advise tax/rate payers regarding entitlement to rebate, discount and exemptions, income maximisation and to assist customer to complete application forms.
• Identify taxpayers in severe financial difficulty and to defer enforcement action if the case is able to be referred for debt management advice.
What skills do I need?
• Extensive knowledge and experience of Debt Collection in regards to Council Tax, National Non-Domestic Rates and other Council related debts.
• Ability to maintain, prepare and update accurate case records.
• Ability to provide the highest level of customer care at the first point of contact when dealing with complex and contentious cases face to face.
• Demonstrable experience debt collection at residences and businesses and ability to maintain accurate accounting and receipting of monies collected.
Get me signed up!
If this position is of interest to you please send me your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below!
16,280.00-20,350.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
BRISTOL, AVON, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
25000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
BRIERLEY HILL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
22000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
LEAMINGTON SPA, WARWICKSHIRERead more
30000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
LEICESTER ABBEY, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
32000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more