|Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 33000 - 37000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: HR||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3091671|
The main focus of this role is to provide comprehensive HR advice & guidance to managers and staff on a wide variety of HR issues, ensuring that the service standards and performance targets are met.
This role has a key responsibility of managing and supporting junior members of the team who provide ER advice.
• Line management of Assistant ER Advisor and ER Advisors - conducting regular 121s, assessing development needs and coaching
• Manage performance and act as the initial point of escalation from the ER Advisors.
• Provide query handling, case management and specialist remote HR advice in relation to HR policy, practices & procedures, complex T&Cs, employee relations matters, lifecycle events, redundancies and performance management.
• Complete projects
• Support the HR Manager to continually improve service delivery.
• Provide policy, practice & procedural coaching and advice to the HR teams to develop individual competence and overall service delivery.
• Conduct ER policy reviews and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review metrics relating to ER cases and identify trends.
• Prepare and deliver webex presentations to assist with coaching and development of Operational managers on employee relations matters.
• Draft and check complex ER letters when required.
• Provide absence cover for the HR Manager when required.
• Works collaboratively as member of the HR Service Centre function to deliver high quality service to customers.
• Liaison with HRBPs or HR Manager for referral of high risk ER cases.
• Ensure all hard and soft copy personnel records are maintained & secure, complying with obligations under the Data Protection Act.
• Educated to graduate level would be desirable.
• CIPD qualified.
• Shared service centre experience preferable.
• Experience of managing a team of HR professionals desirable but not essential.
• Good working knowledge of current employment law.
• Substantial HR experience, a good working knowledge of theory and best practice HR policy and processes.
• Experience or working in a unionised environment preferable.
• Experience of organisation development advantageous, particularly TUPE transfers.
• Strong customer service focus, with excellent written and telephone communication skills.
• Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail.
• Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
• Interpersonal sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
28000.00 - 32000.00 GBP Per Annum
HORSHAM, WEST SUSSEXRead more
23000.00 - 26000.00 GBP Per Annum
SHAFTESBURY, DORSETRead more
26565.00 - 35577.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHTRead more
27000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
THAME, OXFORDSHIRERead more
SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRERead more