|Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 33000.00 - 37000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: HR||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3091541|
The main purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive specialist HR advice & guidance to managers and staff on a wide variety of operational employment related issues, ensuring that the service standards and operational performance targets are met.
This role has responsibility to coordinate a small team of Assistant ER Advisors who provide both 2nd and 3rd line advice.
• Line management of Assistant ER Advisor and ER Advisors including conducting regular 121s, assessing development needs and coaching
• Manage performance and act as the initial point of escalation from the ER Advisors.
• Provide 4th line query handling, case management and specialist HR advice in relation to HR policy, practices & procedures, complex T&Cs, employee relations matters, lifecycle events, redundancies and performance management.
• Review subject access requests before it is escalated to field HR for final sign off.
• Support the HR Manager Advisory Services to continually improve the service delivery of HR Operations.
• Ensure queries and requests from customers are responded to efficiently
• Provide policy, practice & procedural coaching and advice to the HR Service Delivery Teams to develop individual competence and overall service delivery.
• Conduct ER policy reviews and work on recommendations
• Review metrics relating to ER cases and identify trends and issues, making recommendations where possible.
• Prepare and deliver webex presentations to assist with development of Operational managers on employee relations matters.
• Draft and check complex ER letters when required.
• Provide absence cover for HR Manager when required.
• Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
• Works collaboratively as member of the HR Service Centre function to deliver high quality service to customers: regular communication and information exchange required.
• Liaison with HRBPs or HR Manager for referral of high risk ER cases.
• Educated to graduate level
• CIPD qualified.
• Shared service centre experience
• Good working knowledge of current employment law with ability to become a subject matter expert.
• Substantial HR experience, a good working knowledge of theory and best practice HR policy and processes.
• An understanding of HR systems would be an advantage.
• Experience or working in a unionised environment preferable.
• Experience of organisation development advantageous, particularly TUPE transfers.
• Cooperative and willing to assist others.
• Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
• Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
• Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
• Planning and organising – Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans.
• Specialist knowledge - Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge.
• Problem solving and analysis.
• Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
28000.00 - 32000.00 GBP Per Annum
HORSHAM, WEST SUSSEXRead more
23000.00 - 26000.00 GBP Per Annum
SHAFTESBURY, DORSETRead more
26565.00 - 35577.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHTRead more
27000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
THAME, OXFORDSHIRERead more
SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRERead more