|Location: GUILDFORD, SURREY||Salary: 28000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3138311|
Working as a member of the University’s Employability Service (which includes the Careers and Pro Bono services) to provide support to students and assist the Careers Manager and Pro Bono Co-ordinator in all areas of their role, which includes being responsible for the administration and smooth running of all Pro Bono and Careers activities.
This role is 21 hours a week (Monday-Friday) they are flexible with how this is done.
The FTE salary is £28,000 (Actually paid £16,800)
30 days holiday plus bank holidays (Pro rata)
Plus some fantastic other benefits!
• To ensure that the Employability support function at the Guildford centre runs effectively and delivers a consistently excellent customer service to students, staff, visitors and all stakeholders; internal and external.
• To line manage the Employability Assistant and ensure that administration supporting the service is efficient and timely.
• To prioritise and delegate work within the Employability support function.
• To oversee the Employability reception and triage for Pro Bono and Careers; to provide training and support as required.
• To ensure effective communications in dealing with a wide range of enquiries from students, staff and external third parties.
• To ensure the creation and maintenance of client files; keeping records of student attendance; managing the appointments system; introducing and maintaining scheme rotas to ensure that both student and external organisations’ needs are met; distribution and collation of student and agency questionnaires etc.
• To support the Pro Bono function; liaising with prospective legal advice clients and taking case details; liaising with the supervisor to identify appropriate clients; making appointments and allocating students to clients and ensuring that all parties are kept informed and any necessary arrangements have been made
• To maintain and promote University systems e.g. the Careers Vacancies Database, legal employer information, vacancy database, and pro bono opportunities. Ensuring data is accurately entered, statistics maintained for each service, extracting data and producing reports, and ensuring that deadlines are met
• To provide one to one briefing to students prior to their engagements in certain pro bono activities
• To maintain Careers and Pro Bono materials, publications and other resources within the Employability library
Marketing and Events
• To co-ordinate Pro Bono and Careers activities and assist in providing Centre support e.g. planning visits, assisting students with their preparation and presentations etc.
• To attend and assist with events organisation e.g. careers seminars, talks and fairs; visiting speakers
• To support events by coordinating room bookings, arranging equipment and refreshments and event publicity etc.
Experience, skills and knowledge:
• Previous experience in either Careers or Pro Bono is desirable
• Previous experience in a legal or educational background is desirable
• Previous experience of office management and administration
• Experience of leading a team and working closely with other internal teams
• Previous experience working in a client/ customer facing role
• Excellent IT skills including MS Office applications, especially Excel
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills – telephone, face to face, and email
If you would be interested in this position then please apply below or contact Lee Russell on 01483 529900.
15 - 15 GBP Per Hour
MAIDENHEAD, BERKSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 24000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
28000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
ANDOVER, HAMPSHIRERead more
22000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum
ANDOVER, HAMPSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more