Do you have great Customer service/ Call Centre experience and are you looking for your next challenge?
Our Client based in Bedford are now seeking Emergency Call Handlers to join their team on an ongoing temporary basis to start on 2nd December 2019. Full training will be given.
This requires flexibility and able to work 24/7 with various shift patterns.
Your main duties:
*Form part of a team of Call Handlers who will normally provide the first point of contact with telephone callers on a 24/7 basis, working rotating shifts.
*To respond to all incoming telephone calls, giving emergency calls priority over non-emergency calls; placing lower priority callers on hold when required, to achieve this.
* Ensure the timely and accurate answering and recording of all requests for emergency resources
* Receive and record telephone calls from a range of personnel including hospital staff; other Health Service professionals
* To produce, maintain and collate appropriate control records, complying with administrative procedures in accordance with Trust policy.
* To take charge of an incoming call; managing patients, relatives, and the general public in a calm professional manner and treating them with dignity and respect at all times.
* Be able to (and be able to recognise the need to), modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of patients and callers especially in stressful and difficult situations.
* Deal with highly emotional, verbally aggressive, abusive or threatening callers and defuse such situations when appropriate, often under difficult and hostile circumstances.
* To communicate efficiently and effectively with patients, relatives and the general public where there are barriers to communication such as language or noise, using persuasive skills where appropriate.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply online now, or call Wendy on 01908 660057 for more information.