|Location: CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGAN||Salary: 22000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3082652|
Design and develop embedded systems for products, from the concept stage through to production. Expected to plan and work on projects, medium/high risk or important business activities, according to the business plan.
• BEng/BSc/HNC/HND in a suitable Engineering based discipline (software or systems related)
• 1 to 3 years’ relevant industry experience.
• Capture and analyse the requirements for the embedded system(s); liaise with other teams/customers/suppliers to build up the requirements for the product, identify/research suitable approaches and architectural solutions that can satisfy the project goals (schedule, cost, quality, etc.)
• Produce and develop technical documentation to describe the system design; create and maintain detailed system and software specifications, using appropriate techniques and visual models. These specifications may be design proposals, or an explanation of agreed and realised solutions. Expected to host technical reviews with other teams/customer/suppliers to critique and improve these designs.
• Working with other teams to deliver the product(s) into production; liaise with other teams/customers/suppliers to work towards a common goal, providing technical support and communication of activities.
• Plan and undertake testing to evaluate the embedded solution(s); work with other team members to produce test plans to evaluate the system. Expected to follow through with the plans, ensuring that the system functions as expected. Identify any countermeasures and improvements for issues such as evaluation failures, bugs and changes in requirements.
• Manage the delivery of the embedded system at trial stages, and into production; manage the development as a project – controlling and monitoring the costs, quality of designs, risks and progress throughout the project.
Also expected to…
• Adhere to applicable regulations, company policies and quality systems.
• Undertake research and self-study to support training and development, enhance skills and knowledge, and prepare for career advancement.
Arrange, prepare and maintain prototype samples, tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
The role requires theoretical and practical knowledge and skill in the following areas;
• Digital and analogue systems (sensors, LCDs, I2C communication, etc.)
• Visual modelling and graphical techniques for systems/software engineering e.g. UML.
• Tools and equipment for testing (ICE, logic analysers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
• Processes, quality systems and standards for embedded systems and software development.
• Testing techniques and methodology for embedded systems and software development.
• Office applications for use in preparing of technical documentation (excel, power point, word, etc.)
• Able to employ a logical approach in order to critique and develop embedded solutions.
• Able to portray technical information in different ways, so that it can be understood by engineers and non-technical team members, including those who use English as a second language.
• Knowledge of project management processes
Other knowledge and skills that would be advantageous;
• Programming and code development, such as embedded C
• Modelling and Simulation tools and techniques for systems/software engineering, eg MATLAB, SIMULINK etc.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out some more information then please send your CV to email@example.com
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BELFAST, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
28000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRERead more
LIVINGSTON, WEST LOTHIANRead more
45000.00 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
38000 - 41000 GBP Per Annum
CWMBRAN, GWENTRead more