Reed Engineering are supporting a large manufacturer based in Essex who are looking for skilled maintenance technicians to join their successful team. A leading company in the manufacture of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) they are looking to hire motivated and high calibre experienced time served technicians. This type of role will suit the person who is looking for a career and not a job. They have a build from within ethos and expect the people they recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
There are a number of roles in our maintenance department for electrically bias technicians
The key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the line team in the planned maintenance execution, defect fixing, recording and execution of improvements of issues of an electrical nature on production lines
- Maintaining and continuously improve the Maintenance Work Planning & Scheduling for their line. Constantly looking for ways to improve their equipment, processes and systems.
- Responding to break downs and production issues on the lines that require agile and flexible electrical support
- Planning electrical work, liaising with suppliers and sourcing parts for daily work.
Please note, the majority of the mechanical maintenance technician roles are shift roles
What they Offer You
Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Competitive salary, pension and much more
To be considered for these roles, you must have the appropriate skill and capability from the following criteria:
- Be qualified to a minimum of ONC/C&G Part III or HNC/NVQ Level 3 in an Electrical Engineering time served apprenticeship.
- Have proven electrical experience in either process or a production environment related to Fast Moving Consumer Goods or similar industry. Have completed work similar to that described above
- Have some electrical experience in the following manufacturing processes including PLC control systems, SCADA systems, and instrumentation and 415v motor control circuits.
- Fluent ability to communicate in English
Candidates can only be considered if they have previous manufacturing maintenance experience