|Location: BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEX||Salary: 25000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3064171|
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Pay rate: £31,052.86 - £34,956.79 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Brighton area.
Starting In the new Academic Year the college are looking for an outstanding Electrical Installations Senior Lecturer to join them on a permanent basis.
· Our client has a "Good with Outstanding Features" rating from Ofsted.
· It\'s success rates places the College in the top 15% highest achieving General Further Education and Tertiary Colleges in the country for 16-18 learners at all levels.
1. To design, prepare and maintain the course content in consultation with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader, and to design and create effective programming to deliver the above.
2. Teach; undertake tutorials and student assessment within the identified skills areas across the programme area including the preparation of project briefs, marking, advice on employment and exit routes, and the overseeing of part-time project preparation.
3. To be responsible for the overall quality, day to day running and delivery of the courses.
4. Prepare course and staff timetables in liaison with the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader.
5. To be responsible for student recruitment, retention and destination in liaison with the Head of Department and Curriculum Leader
6. To contribute to the selection of professional performance events relevant to the Department and to undertake relevant project management as appropriate.
7. To develop and encourage inter-disciplinary relationships.
8. To promote and maintain links with profession/industry and other institutions.
9. To keep abreast of cultural and technological innovations within the specialist skills area.
10. To attend and contribute to all Department meetings.
11. To plan and carry out the executions of course related exhibitions, displays, shows, events and performances.
12. To assist in the implementation of the policy of the Department
13. To undertake such other duties the Head of Department and the Curriculum Leader may from time to time delegate.
14. To engage in personal and professional development research activities and staff development appropriate to the post, and participate in the College appraisal process.
15. To plan and coordinate a programme of study visits (if applicable). To liaise with the premises staff and council representatives in the day to day running of the teaching centre.
Employment within an educational environment
• Good knowledge and understanding of Further education qualifications
• Recent substantial professional/industrial experience in one or more construction trades
• Experience of working with students of all ages (including younger students)
• Full Teaching Qualification
• Assessor Awards
• Full, clean driving license
• First Aid certificate
• Degree or equivalent relevant qualification
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career
27663.00 - 32663.00 GBP Per Annum
ROTHERHAM, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
36500.00 - 36500.00 GBP Per Annum
WALTHAMSTOW, LONDONRead more
21000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum
CARSHALTON, SURREYRead more
20.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour
TOTTENHAM, LONDONRead more
26620.00 - 34401.00 GBP Per Annum
STOCKPORT, CHESHIRERead more