One of the largest local authority based in London are looking to recruit several Electrical Engineers to join their growing team on a 3 months contract (with possibilities of extensions and permanent opportunities later down the line). It is a full-time role Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Purpose of the role:
The Electrical Engineer will be to provide a professional electrical engineering service. The Engineer shall maintain the highest possible standards of achievement. Ensure that projects, maintenance programmes and professional services engineering functions are delivered on time, to budget and the required quality.
The Engineer shall establish and maintain clear communication with all clients and ensure an integrated and customer focussed service to the council’s residents and other users of the service.
E1 Chartered Engineer or member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years post-qualification experience, including 1 year leading on one of the following:
- Large/complex projects
- Maintenance and repair programmes
- Professional Building Services Engineering Functions
- Liase with others and represent the service when acting as consultant for other agencies. Liase with contractors, consultants and other authorities to ensure effective co-ordination.
- Ensure that adequate monitoring is provided on all projects and maintenance contracts allocated to them.
- Assist with the preparation of project and maintenance contract reports for Committees, Area Forums, Working Parties, Client Organisations, Tenant Associations, and external agencies. Provide effective liaison and attend such meetings as required to maintain adequate communication.
- Ensure appropriate development of design briefs, feasibility studies and service level agreements.
- Ensure the highest standard of design, budget control and contract management is achieved on all projects and maintenance contracts, paying particular attention to: Health and Safety, Accessibility, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability and Maintenance.
- Undertake contract responsibility as appropriate in consultation with Group Leader. Ensure that adequate resources are available to complete and manage within programme, cost and fee allocation. Assist with the appointment of consultants and assist in ensuring effective briefing, direction and liaison is provided.
- Assist the Group Leader in providing advice and guidance as appropriate concerning procurement, design criteria and preparation of schemes, specifications, maintenance requirements, estimates, section of materials and equipment, project and contract management.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Assist in providing advice on the selection, appointment, fee scales and payments relating to consultants.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.