We are recruiting an Education Welfare Officer to work in a BD8 Primary School. The role is a full time beginning in September. The successful applicant will have a valid and clean DBS, and it would be advantageous to have a car.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include;
- Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention
- Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services
- Contributing to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people
- Working alongside social workers to implement a Care plan when statutory intervention is required
- Carrying out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, and will be able to communicate effectively across the school with; fellow teachers, pupils and their parents or carers.
Applicants must have;
- Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention
- Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills L3 or above
- Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above
- Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these
- Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans
- Knowledge of computer programmes i.e. Sims
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment
The candidate must be focussed in identifying and resolving problems, and must be able to challenge points when they are raised. Confidence is a required attribute of a successful candidate, both for communication purposes and if they ever need to pursue accusations.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with Reed as we offer applicants;
- A good reputation which has led to us building up a list of clients across all Bradford postcodes
- More opportunities after this placement to widen work experience
- Support from a dedicated Recruitment Consultant with Education Industry knowledge