We are currently looking for an Education, Employment and Training Adviser to join our client in Islington and be part of the Youth Employability and Skills (YES) Programme.
Pay rate: £19.70 - £20.54 per hour
Location: Islington, N1 1XR
Duration: Temporary, ongoing
Start date: February 2021
The YES team deliver an innovative programme of employability and skills support to engage, inspire and equip young adults into education, employment or training. The YES team also support young adults to retain their place of work or learning, and to secure longer-term meaningful employment outcomes, and access relevant support services.
Duties will include:
- To provide intensive and aspirational employment support to vulnerable young people aged 18-25 who are unemployed, including care leavers, young people with experience of the youth justice system, and those with no other contact with targeted council services.
- Use a personalised and holistic one-to-one mentoring and coaching approach to help them gain suitable jobs including apprenticeships.
- Improving outcomes for vulnerable groups and residents who face additional barriers to employment.
- Supporting clients to successfully market themselves to employers and to source jobs, giving them the skills they need to become self-sufficient and less dependent on support services.
- To use a variety of job searching methods, including accessing the hidden job market, to source suitable jobs or work related activities for the individual
- To record all activities with a client on an in-house database and any other monitoring system, ensuring that all data captured is accurate
Experience in a similar role is essential.
If you have the skills and experience, please apply today!