You will provide specialist small group and 1 to 1 teaching to meet the support needs of individual learners, ensuring that they receive quality and appropriate support. The support needs of a learner include activities such as; carrying out exam access arrangements, assessments of needs, writing Personal Learning Plans and carrying out reviews on the effectiveness of delivered support.
- Full preparation for and delivery of high quality teaching and learning experiences as part of the supported learning curriculum. Provide quality support, predominately to learners with Dyslexia or other similar SpLDs, both in small groups and 1 to 1 settings.
- Co-ordination and delivery of Exam Access Arrangement assessments and completion of File Notes and JCQ Form 8 and Form 1.
- Work closely with learners to understand their specific needs and build their independence, including through the use of assistive technology.
- Work with College staff to impart specialist guidance regarding learners’ specific needs, creating good relations and channels of communication with other stakeholders, such as parents, local authorities and care/support agencies.
- Use college systems such as EBS and Learner Information Portal (LIP) as well as Excel Spreadsheets to update information and accurately draw up, record and evidence support as needed.
- Identify and evaluate progress towards short and long term targets, which motivate, encourage and support learners in achieving.
- Work with learners to develop their personal skills which promote learning, progression, independence, and well-being.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- A post-graduate Cert/Diploma in SPLD/Dyslexia Teaching and Assessing equivalent to Level 7, including at least 100 hours relating to individual specialist assessment, CPT3A from Real Training will also be acceptable.
- A current SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate, as awarded by BDA, the Dyslexia Guild or PATOSS and listed on the SASC website
- Or be a qualified practising Educational Psychologist with BPS membership.