The CTOC initiative brings together a number of large and complex programmes which together will improve collaboration and integration between Counter Terrorism Policing and its key partners. The future design will deliver a more efficient, effective and responsive Counter Terrorism (CT) capability for London and the UK.
The single CTOC CTP ICT Work stream will support the CTOC Programmes by ensuring that the ICT relied on by CT Users is available and fit for purpose as teams integrate into new environments. In addition, the CTOC CTP ICT Work stream is delivering innovative IT opportunities to support delivery of a more efficient and efficient ICT service for CT.
The role will be required to support the CTOC ICT and Security Policy Lead and ICT Opportunities delivery work-stream in delivery of security activities as directed by the Policy lead.
- Review CTOC ICT tranche plans and business cases to ensure compliance with existing regulatory and national security standards
- Liaise with CTPHQ Information Security Unit to ensure CTP ICT systems for CTOC tranches undergo appropriate security accreditation reviews
- Liaise with CTPHQ Information Security Unit to highlight any potential non-compliant CTP ICT systems and support the development of actions plan to remedy any non-compliance
- Work with CTOC ICT Project leads to ensure ICT Opportunities’ security accreditation activities and security artefacts are planned and monitor progress
- Support the CTOC ICT Projects leads in development of security artefacts i.e Business Impacts Assessments, Data Protection Impact Assessments, Equality Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments
- Coordinate the provision of accreditation advice to CTOC ICT Project leads as and when required
- Ensure security artefacts undergo appropriate governance and approvals
- Keep the CTOC ICT Policy lead, CTOC ICT Programme manager and CTPHQ Head of Information Security engaged and informed of key project security activity and milestones.
- The role is required to commence as soon as possible. The role will report to the CTOC ICT Policy lead within the ICT Opportunities workstream and will be based in offices within London.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Active DV (Developed Vetting) Clearance required
- Experience of working in the public sector and within a security project delivery environment, ideally within a national delivery context
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders across various levels of organisations and with differing levels of understanding and with differing needs
- An understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including a clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements is desirable
- Team player with a structured approach.
- Works well under pressure, to tight timescales and own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Good influencing skills. Can demonstrate working in a matrix management environment.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Project management certification (i.e Prince 2)
- Knowledge and experience of policy development and corporate policy making
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 and/or accreditation experience