There is a requirement for an experienced and DV-cleared PMO / Junior Project Manager to work on ICT projects within a defined programme. The PMO / Junior Project Manager will work alongside other members of the ICT Workstream, and may also be responsible for managing aspects of specific project work packages as directed by the Programme Manager. They will play an important role in project planning and risk and issue management. Moreover, they will log, manage and analyse information on the progress of the project.
The post holder will be required to do the following (but not limited to):
• Provide cover for other PMO resources within the Workstream. They will therefore need to become familiar with the management of all the programme’s controls and be able to step in and run these in the absence of others.
• Run and lead heartbeat sessions with the Programme Manager and project team leads which include: (1) Finances (2) Planning (3) Risks and Issues. These are currently established and therefore require someone to pick these up and run/lead them.
• Work with the programme (CTP partners) on pulling together a Document Management Matrix (DDM), and ensuring this is kept up to date. Will be responsible for ensuring all documents from partners are known about and released to CTP within sufficient timescales to allow for proper internal reviews.
• Run and lead on Risk and Issues management.
• Maintenance of all key living document controls, which include Programme Briefs being kept up to date; action logs; risk logs; decision logs; communication plan; contact logs; governance diagrams; dependency logs; glossary, etc.
• Lead on ensuring the Technology benefits map is kept up to date. This also involves keeping benefit profiles up to date and producing a quarterly technology benefits dashboard.
• Quality and Configuration Management.
Experience - Essential
- Must be competent in MS Project as will be asked to pull together project plans, and also maintain plans written in detail in MS Project;
- Working with stakeholders who work in complex and specialised areas;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Must be able to write reports with very little supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and to turn-round material changes to meet tight deadlines;
- Must have been in a similar PMO/Junior PM role for at least 5 years within a technology enabled transformation programme;
- Experience of hardware and software infrastructure delivery projects;
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information up to SECRET, but occasionally higher;
- Must be a self-starter;
- Must hold DV (Developed Vetting) Clearance