Reed Bradford are currently recruiting a Handyman/Driver for a Bradford City Centre client, this role will be a 3 month contract and will be to provide a general maintenance service and driving support service to the relevant departments.
Duties will include:
- Carry out inspections, maintenance, decorations and repairs to buildings, fixtures, fittings and other resources, as directed
- Liaise with and allow access to contractors who attend site to undertake works and provide supervision for security reasons where necessary
- Carry out routine inspections, testing of generator, compressors and other plant, alarm systems, emergency lighting and other designated items as appropriate in accordance with local procedures and Health & Safety Regulations
- Reset panels and systems following emergency shutdowns
- Undertake the relocation of furniture, equipment and vehicles. Unload and relocate external-delivered supplies when required
- Transport mail, connected and found items, goods, supplies, furniture and vehicles when required
- Clean specific areas of buildings not serviced by cleaning staff, as required by local policy
- Perform ground maintenance, snow clearing and gritting as required
- Clean and valet vehicles, garage areas, dog kennels as required
- Receive deliveries of fuel, dip tanks and advise on readings as required, Maintain and monitor supplies.
- Collection of confidential shredded waste in accordance with local and company policies.
- Undertake any other work as directed including working at different locations in order to provide business continuity and to enable Business Support to fulfil force-wide needs.
- Knowledge of general buildings maintenance and ability to carry out minor repairs.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety working practices.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Packages i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Ability to pass eyesight test at/before interview.
- Full and current UK/European driving licence.
- Ability to pass a D1 authority driving licence test.
- Is willing to work in any post appropriate to the grade at such other place within the Force as may be reasonably required
- Physically capable to undertake the duties of the post which involve heavy lifting.
- This role requires ongoing Health Surveillance commencing prior to appointment in line with HSE guidance/legislation