|Location: OXFORD, OXFORDSHIRE||Salary: 42000.00 - 47000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3073010|
Ideally we want someone to start by, at the latest, mid/late September so you will need to either be on notice or max of 1 month. However people on longer notice periods may be considered if you are a great fit
The key responsibilities of this post will vary dependent upon each service department’s needs and you will need to remain flexible in this respect. However the main areas of responsibility will be:
• To prepare draft budgets and in-year quarterly forecasts and other key pieces of financial information as required by both the service department management and the DFC.
• To line manage two direct reports who have responsibility for their own departments but will also support you as required in order to deliver against the team’s annual objectives.
• To provide a comprehensive year-end service, fulfilling all of the requirements of the Finance Division and give assurance to the service department managers and DFC that the service department’s accounts represent a true and accurate picture of the activities for the year.
• Develop and enhance departmental reporting processes through the identification of information gaps and the implementation of improved management information.
• To support the long-term strategic financial planning for each department.
• Be the divisional lead for year-end including arranging and presenting the ‘Summer (year-end) Roadshow’ to communicate year-end related information and any other relevant finance updates as required to finance officers within the division.
• To provide financial input and support the service department managers in monitoring externally funded activities and to provide the reporting requirements to support funding claims and donor requirements including managing awards on the University’s Finance system (Oracle).
• To support the service department managers and the DFC in ensuring appropriate controls are in place to fully comply with the University’s financial regulations and related requirements.
• You will not be directly responsible for transaction processing but will be responsible for advising, mentoring and guiding the administration staff on the implementation of effective processes to ensure transactions are efficiently and accurately processed.
• To provide training for new budget holders with other Divisional Finance Managers as required and to provide training for new finance administrators with the new Budget and Forecasting Tool (BFT).
This is a great opportunity to work for a world renowned organisation. Experience of the education sector would be useful but not compulsory.
Salary to a maximum of £47k plus strong benefits.
Sound like you? Can you start a new 12 month fixed term contract by the end of September? If so apply now!
17.80 - 17.80 GBP Per Hour
MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
45000 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum
BASILDON, ESSEXRead more
45000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more
40000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIRERead more