I'm pleased to be working with a well know company, who are now looking for a Assistant Management Accountant to join their finance team. The role will be responsible for producing monthly management accounts, analysing and reporting on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information. The position will consist of supporting and assisting Divisional Management Accountants within the team and you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of timely and reliable monthly divisional management accounts including:
- Sales and margin reconciliation
- Stock control and reconciliation
- Overhead and cost accounting
- Fixed assets register maintenance
- Collaboration of monthly royalties data
- Foreign Exchange reporting
- To investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences
- To assist with budgeting and forecasting process
- To develop close working relations with senior management to assist with daily operations and strategic decision making
- To work closely with fellow divisional management accountants ensuring a healthy working environment conducive to producing financial information in an effective and efficient manner
- Performance of monthly compliance tasks (bank reconciliations, AP, treasury and tax).
- Support to Finance managers
- Ad hoc duties
Due to the nature of the role, you must have had exposure in producing management accounts and due to location, you must have access to your own transport. You also ideally need to be studying towards either the ACCA or CIMA.