We have a fantastic opportunity for five District Nurses, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to work without supervision, but with support from the District Nurse Team Leader in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care within the community. To manage day to day patient care, in the absence of the Team Leader.
- To assess, plan and implement care maintaining appropriate documentation
- Support the team leader in day to day patient care
- Deliver a full range of Nursing Care to household patients, Wound Care, Administering of Medication, including Palliative Care and End of Life Care.
- You will need good management skills, and strong administration skills for medication and insulin.
- Confident in administering medication, especially insulin and anaphylaxis.
- Valid and up to date training is mandatory, so that can be spot checked at any time
- Able to provide Basic Life Support, and First Aid
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Flexible Working shift patterns,
- Previous District Nurse experience
- Health and Safety knowledge, all mandatory training including First Aid and medication administering
- Valid Registered Nurse Certification
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and other senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system