Reed HR are working with a Higher Education Institute in order to recruit a Director of Strategic Planning & Business Intelligence on a Permanent basis. This will be based in South East London.
The main purpose of this role will be to lead the provision and development of business intelligence and management information to influence and inform key business decision making, organisational planning and performance. The post holder will lead the integrated business planning process, supporting senior leaders in developing strategic plans that align activities and resources against the Institute’s strategy
Some of the roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Lead on the development, implementation, monitoring and refining of a robust annual planning process which is integrated with student number planning and budget modelling, aligning University activities and resources to strategic plans
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to facilitate evidence-driven institutional change to enhance performance and delivery of the University’s Strategy and annual plans
- Lead and develop business intelligence, working with colleagues to understand and communicate data analysis, visualisations, predictive analytics, and other techniques to support decision making and the delivery of the overall strategy
- Develop and refine the Institute’s competitor analysis, market insight, horizon scanning and scenario planning capabilities to inform strategic direction, portfolio and decision making
- Lead the Institute’s work on improving data management, with emphasis on data quality and consequential process improvement, data reporting and data governance
- Lead, motivate, develop, and manage the performance of the collective and individual members of the team, exercising responsibility for staff recruitment, appraisal, review, and career development
This is a professional, demanding role within a complex organisation with an ambitious strategic plan and agenda for change. The successful candidate will have substantial experience of leading and developing a business intelligence team, as well as leading and implementing complex strategic projects, working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams.