|Location: SALFORD, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 350.00 - 475.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3085603|
The client is looking for someone experienced in Deployment Automation (devOps) who will be coming in to work on a project to develop an internal Cloud. The project will be focused on building an in-house version of AWS.
The current team have already created code but the candidate will be responsible for implementing all plans. This person will be looking after the automation and virtualisation of the project.
Experience of working with Linux based systems that speaks a number of languages including Python including Bash is essential. Experience of networking and monitoring as well as a good understanding of different RSI models would be ideal for this role. Ideally the manager would like to see experience of working with automation software. Although not mandatory experience of monitoring Nagios and Icinga would make anyone stand out.
You will need practical experience with automation and networking.
What you’ll do:
• Deploy and set up software by making use of configuration management tools. o Managing a variety of machine types including, containers, virtual and bare metal. o For use in internal and external environments.
• Use automation in a rigorous but appropriate manner, to achieve repeatability.
• Write clear, concise and comprehensive technical and operational documentation.
• Implement software systems starting from high level designs.
• You have deep knowledge of Linux (we use Ubuntu, but additional CentOS knowledge also beneficial).
• You have extensive experience working with automation tooling, in particular Ansible or Puppet.
• You have practical experience of virtualisation and containers e.g. KVM or LXC.
• You have strong coding skills in at least one scripting language. We work primarily in Python and Bash.
• You have a demonstrable understanding of modern version control systems (we use Git).
• You are familiar with packaging of software for Debian and Red Hat systems (deb/rpm).
• You have a good understanding of local area networking and internetworking concepts and technologies.
• You are familiar with server and application monitoring, logging and metrics collection.
Inside IR35, Job closes 10am 05/09/17
40000.00 - 43000.00 GBP Per Annum
PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
300.00 - 420.00 GBP Per Day
EPSOM, SURREYRead more
45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
28,000.00-36,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
SWANSEA, WEST GLAMORGAN, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
23.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour