Design & Technology Teacher - SEN School in Norfolk
REED Education are working with a specialist Special Educational Needs school on an exciting new position! The school caters for young people aged 6-19 who have Emotional, Social and/or moderate Learning Disabilities.
We're currently looking for an outstanding Design & Technology Teacher to join the team from September 2020.
- Set expectations and targets for pupils in relation to standards of pupil achievements and the quality of teaching.
- Work with the Head Teacher and any another other staff to ensure that Individual Education Plans are used to set subject specific targets and match work well to pupil’s needs.
- Establish with the involvement of relevant staff, short, medium and long term plans for the development and resourcing of your subject, which:
- Contribute to whole school aims, policies and practices including those in relation to behaviour, discipline, bullying and racial harassment
- Are based on a range of comparative information and evidence, including the attainment of pupils
- Identify realistic and challenging targets for improvement
- Are understood by all those involved in putting the plans into practice
- Are clear about action to be taken, time skills and criteria for success.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- The ability to work as part of a team and support other colleagues when necessary.
- To have an up-to-date Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- To undertake Norfolk Steps training as directed.
- To work as reasonably directed by the Head teacher and undertake any other non-specified duties appropriate to the post.
- PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification
- Experience of working in a special school environment or pupils with Autism (desirable)
- Full time position, 40 hours per week
- Starting from September 2020
- Salary: Teacher's Pay Scale
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the above criteria, please click 'Apply Now' and a consultant will be in contact to discuss your application.