|Location: COLCHESTER, ESSEX||Salary: 40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3082693|
Reporting to: Design Manager
Location: Countywide role, will be based at one of the SMOs
To manage Design Services activities to ensure that they meet our business plan requirements, resources are fully utilised and efficiencies in our business area are implemented across our services
To explore and implement new areas of business
To monitor the Programmes of Work within Design Services
• Line management of a team comprising of engineering staff from apprentice level to Senior engineer
• Management and deployment of suitable resources to ensure deadline are successfully met to the required standards.
• Deliver the programme of works within their group ensuring that it is delivered to budget, to programme and to the right quality. Ensuring that tasks/services are delivered in the most efficient manner whilst constantly striving to provide the best quality of life to Essex residents.
• Ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility with robust evidence of efficiency and value for money being exhibited.
• Considering ways to make the business more efficient driving through continuous improvement each year and ensuring that the wider team has the correct resources
• Manage the production of Briefing Notes and Cabinet Member Approval reports and Key Decision Reports as required
• Ensure that the Essex Highways Project Server is updated to meet our business needs
• To manage the Health and Safety, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System and Construction Design Management in a positive and constructive manner, minimising work related injuries
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Degree, or equivalent high level qualification, or significant experience in Project Management with experience in working in highways an advantage.
• Membership or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
• A high level of project management experience is required to direct complex projects and to provide technical support and mentoring staff.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge and application of budgetary management and control measures
• Process improvement experience
• Advanced process mapping skills
• Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities and as a team leader.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
• Experience of advising elected Members and influencing local decision makers and other stakeholders desirable.
• Dealing with members of the public.
• Conversant with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing)
• Experience of management of staff including performance management.
• Required to be mobile and able to attend all site and depot locations within Essex
22000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORWICH, NORFOLKRead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHAMPTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, HAMPSHIRERead more
14 - 20 GBP Per Hour
CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
23000 - 29000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
35000.00 - 42000.00 GBP Per Annum
COLCHESTER, ESSEXRead more