|Location: CHELMSFORD, ESSEX||Salary: 35000.00 - 38000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3141007|
Reporting to: Team Leader, ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) Design
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Role Purpose: To undertake traffic signal and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) design and installation projects using traffic control technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for undertaking traffic signal design and implementation projects.
• To be responsible for undertaking Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) design and implementation projects.
• Produce and check controller configuration forms and technical specifications.
• Produce and check construction and scheme tender documents.
• Checking controller configurations at Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
• Carrying out Site Acceptance Tests (SAT).
• To liaise with and assist with managing contractors.
• To work with colleagues in the Commercial and Construction teams to deliver projects.
• To ensure that designs comply with the CDM Regulations.
• Work to the required quality, programme and budget, whilst complying with local and national standards/specifications.
• To provide project progress, budgetary and performance information.
• To actively seek efficiencies in all activities.
• Line management and development of junior staff.
• To deputise for senior staff in the team as required.
• Provide support/advice to the Design team and the ITS Maintenance team as required.
• Prepare project briefs and scheme estimates for traffic control/ITS projects as required
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of traffic signal and ITS design and implementation and/or operation and maintenance. Or ability to apply existing demonstrable knowledge and experience of highways design, or relevant utility/ communications/technology/SmartCity fields to the traffic signal/ITS field.
• Ability to produce designs and technical specifications for traffic signal or ITS schemes, highways designs, or utilities/communications projects.
• Knowledge and application of relevant design standards and specifications.
• Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including CDM Regulations.
• Proven experience of consistently delivering projects to quality, programme and budget.
• Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
• Project management experience
• Ability to manage junior staff to deliver ITS Design service
• Familiar with traffic signal control strategies including VA, UTC/SCOOT and MOVA.
• Experience of liaising with contractors.
• Experience of working with UTMC systems or other relevant electronic control and management systems.
• Experience of using LINSIG software or similar to model traffic signal junctions.
• Experience of undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance testing (SAT)/commissioning and validation.
• Ability to prepare reports with a high technical content.
• Ability to write controller configuration forms and technical specifications.
• Ability to deliver projects to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ability to deputise for senior staff in the team.
35000.00 - 42000.00 GBP Per Annum
COLCHESTER, ESSEXRead more
24000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHAMPTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, HAMPSHIRERead more
14 - 20 GBP Per Hour
CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
23000 - 29000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more