Design & Development Engineer
Kingswinford / Dudley - West Midlands
Excellent Salary & Benefits
With almost 50 years designing, manufacturing and supplying a wide range of solid state controls for a range of industries; which includes automotive, consumer appliances and industrial applications, my client has gone from strength to strength to become one of the leading companies for controls solutions.
Due to sustained growth and the opening of new markets, they are now looking to strengthen their team with a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Design & Development Engineer.
As a Design & development Engineer you will:
• Be responsible for providing innovative designs and production solutions to meet the needs of a variety of new and existing customers.
• Ensure the suitability of the finished design through liaison with other engineers (internal and external)
• Drive and develop the design and manufacturing processes to ensure the company remains at the forefront of their market
• Design hardware for microprocessor and DSP based embedded systems
• Develop software for embedded systems (using C and Assembler)
• Design software for PC (using assembler, C and Java)
• Development of discreet logic systems (using standard logic and programmable types – EPLDs)
• Design of analogue systems (for measurement and control)
• Design and development of digital communication systems (Ethernet TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus, Interbus, Modbus/TCPIP etc).
• Design of power electronics systems (using Thyristors and IGBTs)
• Design of electrical power systems, control gear, protection etc.
• Preparing PCN layouts
• Design of enclosures, housings and even panel graphics)
• Preparation of technical drawings and BOMs
• Building and testing prototypes
• Involvement in developing manuals and information via the written word
This is an incredibly varied role and includes involvement in all development stages. Because of this it is expected that you will have:
• Recognised industry qualifications relating to your craft
• Technical knowledge of industrial controls and systems
• An ability to work from and develop electrical schematics. Please note that you may work on a variety of products, so understanding various schematics is vital
• Relevant industry experience and the ability to work alone or as part of a small but skilled team
• Experience of the hardware and software development shown above
• Experience of the systems mentioned above
• Good 3D Design abilities (preferably with SolidWorks)
• Solid understanding of communication protocols and developments in technology
• Experience of electronic product manufacture
This role may suit either a recent graduate (with some industry experience) or a more experienced engineer. The salary will reflect the level of knowledge and experience.
In addition to working on innovative and varied projects, you will be rewarded with;
• A good annual salary based on your skills and experience
• Good Pension
• Good holiday entitlement
• Excellent training and career development opportunities