|Location: SHENLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 25000.00 - 27000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3103423|
The European business unit is based in Hertfordshire, UK. They now need a talented and dynamic design engineer to join our development team working on a range of new projects within the retail sector. POP product development programs for a group of significant market leading European clients across DIY, construction and various consumer durable and FMCG sectors.
• To confidently handle the design requirements of a demanding project stream, taking briefs from initial concept through to full manufacturing drawings and prototyping.
• Prioritise assigned workload in order to fulfil deadlines and report to line manager ahead of any deviation from this.
• To produce innovative, cost-effective and eye-catching designs and presentations for demanding, well-informed customers.
Responsibilities of the Role
• Design and engineering of a large number of existing and new POP products and through the development of world class displays from initial brief through to production.
• Provide a critical engineering function within the EU team, while collaborating and communicating effectively with colleagues in other functions and business units across the Group.
• Contributing to the morale and productivity of all the team as a colleague who builds rapport and team-spirit through good communication and professionalism.
• Driving cost reduction, improved project profitability, continuous quality improvement and increased efficiency through design innovation and accurate engineering will have a direct impact on the success of the business unit and the company.
• Be responsible for representing the company with the commercial team to win clients via the presentation of POP solutions in the form of renders, technical drawings and prototypes.
• Representing values and delivering exceptional service and sound engineering advice to all internal and external customers.
• Delivering first-hand reports and recommendations to the head of the business units on material and process options and engineering intelligence and supporting other engineers within the company as required.
• Optimum scheduling, project management and deadline achievement on all development and production projects is a key responsibility. Upkeep of the company systems and regular communication on critical actions and project issues are required.
Skills, Aptitudes & Experience Required
• The talent and expertise to generate well-engineered, well-reasoned and commercial solutions and recommendations in response to a pipeline of POP challenges.
• An obsession for deadlines and for accuracy in engineering detail with organizational skills and a hands-on attitude to production quality, prototyping and cost control. The ability to both multi-task and focus.
• Demonstrable, accurate and impressive skills in CAD Engineering (SolidWorks), inventing and producing visuals for customer presentations in order to take personal charge of projects.
• An understanding of our key manufacturing processes in metal, plastics and print with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience, preferably with some knowledge of manufacturing in China.
• Great interpersonal skills, excellence in verbal and written communication and an understanding of business relationships. Education to degree level and languages preferred.
30000 - 36000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more
20.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
35000.00 - 38000.00 GBP Per Annum
ELLAND, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more