Reed is working with a leading Pensions consultancy with key operational presence in Perth and they have a current vacancy for a Deputy Pensions Administration Manager to work within their team in Perth.
Key responsibilities essential to the role include:
• Managing day to day activities of staff to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services.
• Monitoring SLAs and the performance of the team and individuals team members and taking action to ensure targets are met.
• Attending and actively contributing to Team, Management and Client meetings.
• Overseeing the delivery of cyclical and ad-hoc tasks for all schemes such as benefit statements, pension increases and trustees' reports. Ensuring tasks are completed in line with the timescales agreed with the client and legislation requirements.
• Proposing and implementing solutions where issues are anticipated or identified.
• Preparing, checking and issuing administration bills.
• Attending Trustee Meetings.
• Take part in marketing and new business activities including completing tender responses, attending pitches, presenting at site visits and on-boarding.
Knowledge & experience
• Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
• Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
• Previous supervisory or workflow management experience is required ideally including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment etc.
• Third party pensions administration experience preferred, although strong all round experience within an in house pensions department which is not purely process driven will be considered.
• Previous presentational experience is desirable to assist with prospect pitches and trustee meetings.
Training, education & qualification
• Significant progression with/or have completed a relevant pensions qualification e.g. QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI (or applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered).
For further information, please call Lynn Wilson on 0141 241 4700 or email email@example.com