We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager in a Children’s Home, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to act as the Deputy Manager, in accordance with the national minimum standards for Children’s Homes. To establish and promote the home aims and objectives, as specifies in the statement of purpose. To cover for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- You role will be to manage, organise and administer the home in accordance with Children’s services procedures / guidelines and all appropriate legislation.
- Be responsible for deployment, supervision and training of staff in the home.
- Communicate and liaise with members of the immediate community, outside agencies (including ofsted), colleagues and visitors as required.
- Identify and assess individual children and young people’s social, emotional, educational, occupational, recreational and cultural needs.
- Formulate plans and assist in enabling the educational and young people to take an active part in the community, including participation in social intellectual activities.
- Manage and maintain health and safety standards within the home.
- Ensure the implementation of National Minimum Standards for children’s homes within the home.
- Making sure action plans arising from Ofsted inspections are written within the given timescales and fully implemented.
- To work within partnership with colleagues within the service and with external agencies, to ensure plans for children are implemented
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Flexible working shift patterns
- Previous experience of managing children’s care homes
- Health and Safety knowledge, and First Aid (Desirable)
- Qualified Social Worker qualification, and Social Worker England Registration / HCPC
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system