My client is seeking a Deputy Children’s Home Manager to work for an exciting new home based in Ilford. You will be working for an organisation committed to turning children’s lives around and will be expected to be responsive and able to support the Registered Manager through ensuring the successful delivery of agreed outcomes and high-quality care and support for children living in the home and in transition to foster care or independence by putting the children first in everything you do.
This role is based in a 4 bed home for children aged from 7-12 upon admission and will house any gender. Residents may be affected with challenging or emotional behaviour, caused by trauma, neglect, or abuse. This is a brand new start up home for a larger company and a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
The organisation has a therapeutic approach in every single action and is looking for a like minded deputy manager, to get involved with the development and success of this Children’s Home.
Your key responsibilities:
• To provide primary basic care and nurturing, and contribute to a therapeutic environment to help the child progress.
• Child focused, putting the child first in everything you do
• Being a positive role model
• Role will be 50/50 split with admin duties and shift which includes sleep ins
• Supervision for team of Residential Child Care workers
• Admin duties – writing reports and coordinating petty cash etc
• You must have your Level 3 in Children and young people’s workforce or equivalent
• You must hold your Level 5 in leadership and management or be prepared to work toward it
The organisation offers a wonderful benefits package which includes:
• A comprehensive relocation package for the right candidate
• 30 days annual leave
• Company pension scheme
• Funded career development training
• Perk box (High Street discounts)
• Simply Health – Health plan
• Long service recognition scheme
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check. They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are interested in learning more about this very exciting and rewarding opportunity, please get in touch with Alex on 01702 455330 or email email@example.com. I’m looking forward to speaking with you.