Do you want a new start this year? Are you an experienced Deputy Manager with experience in children's residential settings? If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity available for the right candidate.
Here at Reed care and support we are looking for a Team Leader to start as soon as possible in a children's residential home based in Widnes working up to 40 hours per week.
The successful applicant will ideally hold an QCF/NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Child Care and will be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of working in a similar environment within a senior role.
They will be expected to work alongside the Registered Service Manager to manage the service's existing workforce and resources, as well as to promote and safeguard the welfare of the young people in our care.
- Are you motivated, determined and resilient?
- Are you flexible and able to adapt to challenging situations?
- Do you want to help the children and young people in our care to fulfil their potential by enabling them to understand their past, live for today and look forward to a brighter future?
If you can answer yes to those questions, we encourage you to join our team by applying today.
**Duties and Responsibilities will include:**
As a Team Leader you will demonstrate practical leadership in childcare and assist in the organising and supporting of staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children.
To support staff to achieve the highest standards of care for children and young people and produce a development plan for the service that ensures the delivery of high quality, child centred practice and young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
Belief in inclusion, evidenced through work practice
A desire to ensure that the needs of children/young people are met and supported, are at the heart of decision making.
Must be committed to ensuring that the children/young people we support are valued and enabled to take control of their own lives. To champion this when the going gets tough and be able to raise concerns if colleagues are not working in this way.
At all times demonstrate respect for children/young people and recognise their value as individuals including their right to privacy and to be treated with dignity.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a support network of experienced care professionals, a rewarding career path and a promise that no working day will be the same!
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale – the more qualifications you earn, the higher your pay.
- Access to a voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with us and you will receive a bonus!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for.
If interested please hit** APPLY **or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org we look forward to hearing from you!