|Location: EAST GRINSTEAD, WEST SUSSEX||Salary: 13491.00 - 15675.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3092857|
Houseparents are responsible, out of school hours, for the care and guidance of the children who are accommodated in their unit.
The Houseparent is responsible to the Senior Houseparent, Care Co-ordinator, the College of Staff and the Management Group.
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
• Creating a warm, friendly and secure environment in which the children can develop greater awareness, self-esteem, independence and responsibility.
• Maintaining good order and discipline within their unit, with particular regard to bullying and any other activities prejudicial to the interests of children and staff.
• Taking part in recreational activities with the students, such as swimming, cycling, sailing etc.
• Health matters, in conjunction with the Senior Houseparent, School Nurse and designated First Aid Officers, until the School’s doctor or parents have assumed responsibility.
• You may be required to take and accompany a child to the doctors, dentist, hospital, medical appointment etc.
• The issue and recording of medication.
• Provide first aid
• The encouragement of a high standard of personal hygiene.
• Undertaking general household duties, including cleaning and laundry, in order to maintain the accommodation at an acceptable standard.
• Care of the immediate surroundings of the unit, in conjunction with the Senior Houseparent.
• Cooking as required by arrangement with the Senior Houseparent and Catering staff.
• Contributing to reports for any child in the unit, eg initial assessments and placement plans for education and looked after children reviews.
• Supporting the children with homework if required, in consultation with their Class Teacher.
• Liaison with other staff, parents, carers, others significant to the children and representatives of any statutory or voluntary agencies involved with the children.
• The Resident Houseparent will make themselves familiar with all school policies, rules, health, safety and welfare and legal requirements and will work in accordance with them.•
• Attending all relevant meetings concerned with the running of the school, including seminars and training.
• Following all school policies.
• Maintaining confidentiality and professional standards.
• Carrying out other reasonable duties which may be necessary from time to time.
• Additional responsibilities may be undertaken by negotiation, eg chairing meetings, participating in study or work groups, running extra curricular activities etc.
• Driving school vans.
• Assisting with students’ transitions.
• Being generally supportive of the underlying principles of the school as a Steiner School.
• Houseparents are expected to sleep in their units up to 4 nights per week.
You will have a background of working in the care or the education sector with experience of supporting individuals of any age with additional needs. This school has a friendly, supportive and nurturing environment and has good opportunities for career progression and development.
28000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
WALTHAM FOREST, LONDONRead more
28000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
WALTHAM FOREST, LONDONRead more
39999 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
THETFORD, NORFOLKRead more
15000 - 16000 GBP Per Annum
EAST GRINSTEAD, WEST SUSSEXRead more
12.00 - 14.00 GBP Per Hour
EAST LONDON, LONDONRead more