REED Recruitment are delighted to be working with an award-winning Care at Home Service in Galashiels to support them in recruiting an Assistant Service Manager.
Your overall responsibility will be effectively helping and supporting the service manager in managing the service in line with the commissioning authority’s specification and all Care Inspectorate and other professional standards. The postholder will allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective care at home to customers ensuring staff are trained and developed to a high standard. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced social care professional with a history in a Care at Home Service for adults.
Areas of responsibility:
- Managing the Delivery of Personal Planning with Clients, Initial meeting and discussions held with clients to identify their personal care needs and preferences which are clearly documented and ensuring the correct processes are followed to meet those requirements.
- Assist and Liaison with Health Care Professionals in the Planning & Delivery of Care, communicating with the client’s main health and social contacts including NHS, GP’S, Social workers, Local authorities, and Pharmacies.
- Support the company with Staff Management including recruitment for the service, this includes organising the on-call schedule, supervising staff where appropriate and responsible for recruiting Home Care workers for the service.
- Compliance with National Care Standards and Care Inspectorate requirements, ensuring all care workers are applying for Nation Care Standards in their practice and monitoring this.
- Help ensure the Quality of Care, ensuring and maintaining the company’s quality of assurance policy and procedures. Carrying out Audits, supporting Care Inspectorate Inspection visits and managing complaints.
- Service of Delivery, the assistant manager will help manage the service to ensure the correct service is provided in accordance with contractual agreements. You will be expected to contribute to out of hours on call arrangements and when necessary provide support to clients in respect of emergency shift cover.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- As per SSSC guidelines the assistant Manager should have or be working to obtain a relevant nursing, social work, physiotherapy or occupational therapy qualification, SVQ Level 4 Social Services and Healthcare, and SVQ 4 in Leadership and Management for Care Services and requires to register with SSSC. It is a requirement of the post to be a member of the PVG Scheme.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory responsibilities and Fantastic people management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and Excellent business relationships at senior level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salary of 24,000.00
- Great Pension Scheme and Paid training programme
- Mileage Allowance
- Full time position with an award-winning company
If you have the relevant skills and experience above and you are looking for a new opportunity, please APPLY NOW.