Assistant Care Manager/ Team Leader needed asap
Location: West Kent, office base Wateringbury
Responsible to: CEO / Registered Manager
Salary: 20-23k per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9-5
• In an integrated role deputise for Care Managers and Urgent Care Managers to support them in the operational delivery of services for Carers and people with care needs. This involves co-ordination of personnel and resources, staff management and training.
• Undertake assessment visits with families across the West Kent area.
• Participate as part of a Kent wide referral hub.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Carers and people with care needs
• Receive and process new and on-going referrals across Kent.
• Consult with families, individuals and relevant professionals to determine the assistance to be provided directly by the service.
• Actively support Carers waiting for a service.
• Visit families and individuals referred to the service to assess risks and write up care plans within the schemes assessment and referral policy.
• Refer and signpost to other agencies as appropriate.
• Support with communication with families in each area.
• Ensure that accurate service care plans and contracts are regularly reviewed, and records maintained.
The post holder will be expected to use initiative to work under minimum supervision and in close co-operation with colleagues.
• Working within social care
• Prioritising work and meeting deadlines
• Undertaking care assessments
• Staff rostering
• Managing / supervising staff
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• Good people management skills
• Ability to conduct care needs and risk assessments and draw up care plans
• Ability to assess situations and agree service delivery.
• Listening skills, patience and the ability to deal sympathetically with difficult situations and events
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and in close co-operation with team colleagues
• Decision making skills
• Ability to manage resources effectively
• Good admin and keyboard skills
• Car driver with use of own transport and telephone, confident to travel across Kent.
• Dementia trained and experienced in supporting or caring for people with known or suspected dementia
Knowledge / Qualifications
• Working knowledge of the Care Act and CQC regulations
• Comprehensive knowledge of care practice
• Good standard of GCSE level in Mathematics and English
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Office packages
• Health and Social Care training
• Good understanding of Carers issues.
• Health & Social Care Diploma / NVQ level 3 or higher