|Location: Gloucester||Salary: 300.00 - 350.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3064564|
The EUCS Deployment Function is responsible for delivering IT solutions and products to the client estate and related businesses.
The Deployment Manager, as part of a wider delivery team, are engaged in the overall transition to Windows 10 and Office365 for the client and related businesses.
The Deployment Managers will be based regionally but will occasionally travel to HQ in London and to sites throughout their region to support this large-scale national roll out. Candidates will be expected to travel as required.
Principle duties / responsibilities / key objectives
• To be responsible for the deployment and implementation of the deliverables of a dedicated migration lifecycle for their allocated sites.
• To manage a framework of suppliers to prepare allocated sites for readiness to deploy and implement the necessary technologies, within a set framework and migration lifecycle timescales.
• To communicate and articulate key changes in ways of working as customers migrate from to Office 365.
• To lead the customer solution provisioning by suppliers on a site by site basis.
• Work closely with business stakeholders, key users and suppliers to ensure the satisfactory delivery of migrated technology. There must be minimum disruption to service for the business.
• Ensure quality standards are adhered to for any supplier deliverables to client sites.
• Experienced Deployment manager
• Previous customer/client facing deployment role experience essential
• Skilled in information and communications technology. Has working knowledge of relevant development life-cycles.
• Experience of financial management in a project context.
• Desktop and pc technical knowledge an advantage
• Supplier management
• Large scale public sector IT programme delivery experience -
• Project management qualifications; Prince 2 or similar
• Project management experience: ability to plan, monitor, control and report status information
• Experience of large scale migrations and technology roll outs
• Security Clearance to SC level
• Can Do, Hands on Attitude
• Willing to work evening and weekends when necessary
• Proactive approach, rising to challenges with the ability to work on your own initiative
• Understanding of software development and delivery processes, methods and standards
• Familiarity with the Government IT Profession and cross government IT policies
• Understanding of the Government and working in the justice system
• Demonstrated awareness of the social, environmental and corporate impact of ICT
• Familiarity with relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, Information Assurance policy.
• Practitioner Certificate in PRINCE2
• Knowledge of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) methodology.
Knowledge of agile project management methodologies
Job closes COB 4/8/2017
60000.00 - 70000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
REDDITCH, WORCESTERSHIRERead more
30000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
RAYNES PARK, LONDONRead more
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
PLYMOUTH, DEVONRead more
350.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day
BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
450.00 - 500.00 GBP Per Day
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more